Supported by SAYFC in conjunction with the British Wool Marketing Board, these sheep shearing courses will provide you with a blue seal qualification on completion. The course deadline for 2019 has now passed but please look back for more information on the 2020 course towards the end of the year.
During the course you will receive an introduction into shearing, cover health and safety and an introduction to equipment. There will be some demonstrations but the majority of the day is hands-on practice when you will be supported one-to-one by the instructor.
There will be a range of dedicated SAYFC courses but if these are too far away, or we do not have enough interest in your area for a full Young Farmer course, you will be offered an alternative.
The majority of the courses will take place in June and will last for two days from 9am-5pm.
In order to take part in this training you must be:
- an active member of SAYFC
- not hold any form of sheep shearing qualification or seal
- Be over 16 years of age
SAYFC discounted rate – £80 + VAT per person (£96 including VAT).
HOW TO BOOK A COURSE
- Email your interest to: To Be Confirmed
- Deadline date: TBC
- After the deadline, BWMB and SAYFC will review the interest list and offer those eligible a course
- You can then confirm or decline the course – no payment will be required until this point
- BWMB will issue a booking confirmation
- Enjoy the course!
If you have any questions contact Janelle via email@example.com or 0131 333 2445