09 Jan National roll-out of Farm Safety for 2021
Clubs or Districts are now able to request a 90 minute long ‘Farm Safety’ Training Session by SAYFC!
We are proud to promote the ‘member led’ benefit of being a Young Farmer – in having our very own members leading the sessions to you!
The session will last 90 minutes with a break – and will be hosted using a web-based presentation and virtual farmyard and will include hazard perception and some key videos!
By the end of this session you will:
- Learn more about the dangers of living and working in farming
- Understand how important it is to look after both your physical and mental wellbeing
- Understand how important first response and first aid can be when dealing with a farm accident
- Be able to look at a job you regularly have to do, identify the risks and dangers involved and decide how to make it safe.
- Give some thought to how a serious farm accident could affect not just you but your family, friends and workmates.
If you would like to apply to become a mentor for 2021, please complete THIS SHORT FORM and we will get in touch with you directly!